Monday, November 16, 2015

A little something for the cold nights ahead

With the cold weaher setting there is no better way to warm up than with a fresh, hot, mug cake.  A hot chocolate mug cake.  This cake is perfect for when you have that sweet tooth craving but also want hot chocolate.  Personally, hot chocolate is my favorite winter time drink.  Nothing is better than warming up after a cold day with a nice hot cup of hot chocolate.  I love to put mini marshmallows on top along with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.  It also makes for a good photo too!

Ingredients:

3 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. hot cocoa mix
2 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp. milk
1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
5 mini marshmallows

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in the mug.  Then place the marshmallows on top of the batter or mix it into the batter depending on your preference.  Place in the microwave and cook for one minute.

The cake smelled so wonderful!  I just could not wait to dig in.  The cake was moist and had flavor in every bite!  I had the marshmallows on top of the cake and they were nice and gooey when it was time to eat it.

I remade the cake and did some things different.  I added in another handful of marshmallows so that I could have the marshmallows in the batter and on top.  I then added whipped cream and chocolate syrup to the top and it was one of the most delicious mug cakes yet.  Adding in the extra marshmallows definitely made it taste more like hot chocolate.  This is a mug cake I will be definitely making again.

this recipe was taken from kirbiecravings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment