Monday, November 2, 2015

Cookies and Cream is Such a Wonderful Combination

This week I tackled the challenge of making a cookies and cream cake.  If this cake is anything like the chocolate then it will surely be a hit.  Cookies and cream is not only a great combination for chocolate but also works well in ice cream.  One of my favorite flavors from Hershey is the cookies and cream because it is made with real cookie pieces which adds to the delightfulness of the flavors.

Ingredients:

4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 tsp granulated white sugar
3 tbsp. fat-free milk
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 Oreo

Directions:

Combine all of the ingredients into the oversized mug, leaving out the Oreo cookie.  The put the Oreo cookie in and mix it up to fine pieces.  once all the ingredients are mixed place it in the microwave for one minute.

The cake came out smelling quite delicious.  I just couldn't wait to take a bite.  The cake overall was very light and moist, which is something that has a been a difficulty when making these cakes.  I decided that for round two I needed to add in more Oreo so I added another cookie into the mixture,  I also crushed the Oreos up before placing into the batter which reduced the large clumps that occurred in the first cake.  Once the second cake was done I drizzled some melted chocolate on top which made it more of a sundae cake.  I will definitely be making this recipe again. 

Recipe taken from kirbiecravings

No comments:

Post a Comment